Terms and Conditions
This document regulates the general terms to be applied to the relationship between the clients of cultural and landscape tours marketed by Portugal Heritage Tours, hereinafter HT.
A) Portugal Heritage Tours Offer
Portugal Heritage Tours (HT) is a tour operator specializing in Cultural and natural tours to Portuguese heritage that is unknown to most. In our first year of activity, HT concentrates on Alentejo as its choice destination, with three types of thematic programmes – Cultural, Natural e Gastronomic – as the result of synergies with Compadres, Rota Vicentina and a company specializing in food products from the Alentejo, TerriuS. The heritage of Alentejo becomes accessible to all through HT.
A territory with multiple sides – gastronomy, history, industrial heritage, landscapes – with annual programmes including the best Festivities, Pilgrimages and experiences in Alentejo. HT is an invitation to all to get carried away by the cultural, natural and gastronomic heritage of Alentejo. It is our idea to expand to other areas of the country, always bringing together cultural, natural and gastronomic heritage of each region.
All of HT’s offer is the responsibility of Spira - revitalização patrimonial, unipessoal, Lda. Spira is a company licensed to operate in the area of Tourism Entertainment, with RNAAT nº 61/2009 and RNAVT n.º 8593 issued by Turismo de Portugal. Spira is a member of APECATE – Portuguese association of companies of conventions, tourism entertainment and events. It is Spira's desire to actively contribute to the development of this sector. Spira is also an associate of ARPTA –Regional Agency for the promotion of Tourism in Alentejo.
Clients must be aware that upon signing up for any programme, they are agreeing to these terms and conditions, and general terms will always be superseded by the particular terms of each specific programme.
HT will have insurance for each participant. Pursuant to current legislation for the companies of Tourism Entertainment and Tour Operators, (hereinafter EAT and OT, respectively), HT will have indemnity insurance and casualty insurance for everyone participating in their programmes.
Each client is responsible for their own actions. HT will not be liable for accidents caused by reckless actions by the participants or by their disrespect of the instructions of the Heritage Interpreters. During each programme and prior to signing up, clients must make sure that they are in medical conditions allowing them to take part in the programmes.
HT liability as stated in this document is ensured by indemnity insurance, pursuant to current legislation.
I. Personal Accidents
- All treatment expenses are covered including hospital stays and medications up to an annual amount of 3.792,24 €.
- Payment of 21.664,20 €, in case of death or permanent disability, payment for death to be limited to the funeral expenses up to 5.000 € in case of persons under 14 years of age.
II. Civil Liability
Covers third-party damages up to 75.000 € per claim.
D) Terms and Conditions
- Every single HT visitor is an active participant in the preservation of this heritage, since part of the revenue goes to the development of appreciation programmes and to the pursuit of patronage/sponsorships for the conservation of this common cultural heirloom.
- The price of each heritage or natural asset includes payment of the entrance fee and a distribution of material with a story of the venue.
If a Client or any of the group quits the HT programme they booked:
- 30 days or less before the tour 100% of the amount is due;
- up to 60 before the tour 50% of the total amount is due;
- up to 90 days before the tour 30% of the total amount is due;
- Quitting within more than 90 days of the tour and no penalty will apply.
- The order and times of the tours or a replacement of the venues to visit may be changed by HT due to force majeure and will be replaced by other sites.
- If, for reasons attributable to HT, it is impossible to meet an essential service associated with a Programme, the Client will be entitled to quit and be reimbursed for all amounts paid or, alternatively accept a change in the Programme and possibly in the price. If it becomes necessary to cancel a Programme, the Client may choose to take part in another Programme of the same price. If the replacement Programme has a lower price, the client will be reimbursed for the respective difference.
- The Client may request changes to the reservations up to 30 days before the date of the service to be provided without any penalty. These changes may only include changes in times for the begin or end of an activity. Any reduction in the number of people taking part beyond the aforementioned deadline or any change to the date of the tour will be accepted upon payment of a penalty pursuant to point d) ii).
- Once the Programme has begun there will be no refund for services not used by the Client.
- Any communication between HT and the Client concerning reservations, changes and cancellations will be made by e-mail, phone or post (express mail), with as much notice as possible.
- The following are HT’s contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel.: +351 284 475 413; Tel.: +351 911 158 698; Rua 5 de Outubro, 20, 7920-368 Vila Nova da Baronia, Alvito, Portugal.
HT will meet all legal and contractual obligations in dealing with their Clients’ complaints, which will be considered only when presented in writing and always within 15 workdays after the end of the Programme that was the cause for the complaint.
- When done in a timely manner, upon signing up for the Programme, the Client will pay 30% of the price by bank transfer and the remaining 70% to be paid up to 60 days before the date of the Programme.
- In case of applications made with fewer than 60 days from the date of the Programme, the Client will pay the full amount upon applying, also by bank transfer.
- HT reserves the right to cancel any application whose payment fails to meet the above-mentioned conditions.
- The prices for all programmes include the legal rate of VAT, except when otherwise mentioned.
These terms and conditions may be revoked or changed by agreement, requirements or contracts entered into between HT and the Client.